The SCHA doesn’t manage any rental properties at this time; however, we have compiled the resources below to help you with your rental search. Be sure to also check out our Landlord/Tenant Education page.
Some complexes offer affordable housing units priced below market rental rates and which have household income restrictions. All of these units have long waiting lists and are best to consider if you plan to stay in the county for several years and do not have an immediate housing need.
- Breckenridge Terrace (Breckenridge)
- Denison Commons (Breckenridge – CMC Students Only)
- Huron Landing (Breckenridge)
- Pinewood Village (Breckenridge)
- Pinewood Village II (Breckenridge)
- Dillon Ridge Apartments – (970) 364-8038 (Dillon)
- Mountain Creek Apartments – (970) 468-9047 (Dillon)
- Straight Creek Apartments (Dillon)
- Mary Ruth Place (Frisco – Ten Mile Basin Employees Only – Currently Full)
- The Village at Wintergreen (Keystone)
- Blue River Apartments (Silverthorne)
- Villa Sierra Madre (Silverthorne)
- Eagles Nest Apartments – (719) 486-5000 (Leadville)
- Mount Massive Manor – (719) 486-2431 (Leadville)
- Tabor Grand Hotel Apartments (Leadville)
- Coming Soon! Moose Landing Apartments (Breckenridge – Breckenridge Grand Vacations Employees Only)
Alpine Inn – County Rental Program to find out details click here
- Please contact: [email protected] for more information and to apply
The Housing Works Initiative matches property owners who are willing to convert from short-term vacation rentals to long-term leases with people working in Summit County who are struggling to find year-round housing.
- Please contact Omni Real Estate at (970) 468-2740 for information about available rentals or to list your home in the program.
The SCHA no longer administers any Housing Choice Voucher (Section 8) programs. The Summit County vouchers are now administered by Grand County . Please contact them directly if you would like to request vouchers for Summit County. Please note that there are a very limited number of vouchers available, and they are often much more difficult to obtain in our area than they are in non-resort or metro areas.
Property Management Companies
Property management companies may provide long-term rental unit listings before they’ve hit the classifieds market, providing you with better odds of obtaining housing. They are also a great resource for those weary of scams.
Facebook groups are generally better for finding roommates. On occasion, you can find posts for whole-unit rentals or even properties for sale.
Classifieds occasionally offer ads for both roommates and individual units. When using sites like Craigslist, please be careful to avoid scams. Craigslist has a link on their site to help identify scams. Some key things to look for and avoid: poor grammar, pictures that look like stock images/don’t include the unit interior, being asked for a money order or cashier’s check, or renting sight unseen.