Due to the banking holiday on Monday, the lottery for priority applicants will be held at 9:00 a.m. on Tuesday, January 19. The lottery for non-priority applicants will immediately follow. You can stream the lottery live on the SCHA Facebook page using the link below.
The lottery process is as follows:
- All applicants must have received a conditional buyer approval letter from the SCHA to be entered into the lottery. This approval letter will note either “Priority” or “Non-Priority” after the property address.
- To protect applicant privacy, the tracking number from the conditional buyer approval letter will be the applicant’s lottery entry number.
- If needed, there will be two separate lotteries. The first lottery will include all priority applicants and the second lottery will include all non-priority applicants. Each lottery will follow the procedures outlined here.
- Each entry number will be written on a piece of paper, folded, placed into a jar, and drawn at random until no entries remain.
- The first priority lottery entry drawn will be given the opportunity to purchase the unit. If this applicant does not enter into a contract to purchase the unit, the next priority lottery entry drawn will be contacted and given the opportunity to purchase the unit. Once selection has moved on to a subsequent applicant, the prior applicant will no longer be eligible to purchase the unit.
- This process will be followed until the unit goes under contract with a priority applicant. If an applicant enters into a contract to purchase the unit but the contract is subsequently terminated, the next entry drawn will be contacted and given the opportunity to purchase the unit.
- If no priority applicant enters into a contract to purchase the unit, the same selection procedures will be followed for any non-priority applicants.
If you are selected first in the lottery, congratulations! You will be contacted shortly after the lottery ends, so please be prepared to start the contract process.